Whew- it's been quite a while, but we're still alive :) I need to upload photos - sorry Utah family! - but only have a minute before the kids wake up from their naps. I wanted to share something neat I just learned about.
It's called The Week. A friend introduced it to me and it was exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a newspaper reader or news watcher. Mainly because most things don't really seem like they should qualify as 'news' and are mainly gossip and negative entertainment... but I really do want to know what's going on in the world, be an informed citizen, know what I'm talking about, have a point of view, and make a difference. However - it's hard to understand a lot of situations when you're just getting into it. So along comes The Week. You can read it online or order a weekly subscription. Basically, it highlights the biggest stories of the past week. It cuts and pastes short segments from different newspapers to give you the story, help in what it means, etc. It's just my speed. And it may be yours too! I like that you can 'catch up' on the main topics in a few minutes - versus the hour or two waiting for a news show to finally get around to the big story. Check it out! It might be just what you were looking for, too!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment