Thursday, August 19, 2010

Purple Drink


I make a lot of fruit smoothies around here for Brit's sake. He doesn't really eat raw fruit (he's two - what more can I say?) but I want to make sure he eats them. I had bought a bag of cherries and didn't want them to go to waste (I can't eat a whole bag by myself!) so I went on allrecipes.com and found the yummiest drink. 17 pitted cherries to 6 pineapple rings (from a can - yeah I know what you're thinking, it's going to taste like metal, but it doesn't) and ice. It was delicious! I added a little of the pineapple juice and just used 2/3 of a can of chunked pineapple. I did it again a few days later with frozen pineapple and frozen cherries and it was even better. And the cool thing is, it's turns a vivid purple color, naturally! Try it :) Oh, and I've learned that making smoothies runnier so they can drink from a cup is so much cleaner than using a spoon and dropping globs all over themselves.

1 comment:

Denise Hogan said...

Sllluuurrrppppppppp!!!!! Nanny Ocel would be proud!