Monday, July 12, 2010

Morning Glory


Ok - a little story. Once upon a time I was young and being home schooled. We would some times try to grow seeds. But in my memory, I don't remember anything really growing beyond the first set or two of leaves. Looking back, now I know the reasons why (mainly poor lighting) but the failed attempts made me think, "I can't grow anything." It sounds silly but we all make certain final statements about ourselves when we're young and cling to them. Well - this year I started Morning Glories by seed. I really didn't believe they'd turn out because of my bad experience in the past. But they've transplanted well into the garden and are thriving like mad - as well as climbing up any plant they can get their little tendrils on. You'll laugh at me, but it feels like I have busted through a negative belief about myself and am free. Now it's your turn. What do you think you can't do because of an early failed attempt? Try it again!

2 comments:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

How pretty! Good job Jen :)

Melissa said...

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

You need to come and revive my Morning Glories, I don't know why they are dying.