Brit officially came out of the closet :) - I mean, came out from sleeping in the closet. His crib fit so nicely in the walk-in closet in the second bedroom, that there was no real reason to move him. At the time, the room was being used for the computer and piano since our downstairs is unfinished. But we moved the piano into our bedroom, and moved the computer downstairs anyway. I wanted Brit to have a real room and to use it as a play room. But I knew that since he was used to pitch dark in the closet, I would need to make some curtains. Here are the curtains I made! I really like the color - I think aqua is my favorite color. I think it's a color we use throughout the house because of the paint color 'Whole Wheat' which can look tan and sometimes green, so certain colors aren't options. Anyway - I really like the curtains... but I wish I would have weighted the bottoms and I wish I were a better seamstress. You know how when you sew, and one layer of fabric ends up longer than the other at the end??? Why is that? Is my presser foot tension too much? Either way, I'm proud of myself :) And Brit slept in his 'room' for the first time in a crib last night. Last time, was in a baby swing, nearly 10 months ago... am I bad mom?
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
It's Curtains For You!
Brit officially came out of the closet :) - I mean, came out from sleeping in the closet. His crib fit so nicely in the walk-in closet in the second bedroom, that there was no real reason to move him. At the time, the room was being used for the computer and piano since our downstairs is unfinished. But we moved the piano into our bedroom, and moved the computer downstairs anyway. I wanted Brit to have a real room and to use it as a play room. But I knew that since he was used to pitch dark in the closet, I would need to make some curtains. Here are the curtains I made! I really like the color - I think aqua is my favorite color. I think it's a color we use throughout the house because of the paint color 'Whole Wheat' which can look tan and sometimes green, so certain colors aren't options. Anyway - I really like the curtains... but I wish I would have weighted the bottoms and I wish I were a better seamstress. You know how when you sew, and one layer of fabric ends up longer than the other at the end??? Why is that? Is my presser foot tension too much? Either way, I'm proud of myself :) And Brit slept in his 'room' for the first time in a crib last night. Last time, was in a baby swing, nearly 10 months ago... am I bad mom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Can't wait to see these bad boys in person!
Awesome!
Cute curtains!! They look great.
Such cute curtains! I love the fabric :) I can't wait till we have a house and I can do stuff like that. And, you are a very good and sweet mommy :)
Post a Comment