Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rochester 5K



Last Saturday morning I ran the Rochester 5K. It was a lot of fun! Before the run, 3 miles sounded sissy, but during and afterwards I thought, "Three miles is a GREAT distance! Enough of a challenge..." I was proud of myself for jogging the whole way, since at home I had been jog/ walking and only around 2 1/2 miles. I was following (it kind of felt like stalking) a lady who was keeping a good pace. There's just something about having people supposedly watching you (which I'm sure wasn't really happening, but I was telling myself it was) that makes you run faster and longer than usual. My time was 34:48, which isn't all that great, but better than my expectations for my first 5K postpartum which has been only 2 months of running. I plan on doing another one in October- hopefully with Melissa and our husbands (if we can convince them) where you dress up in Halloween outfits!

7 comments:

Marla said...

Nice job! I'm impressed!

Jennifer said...

You are my inspiration!!! Amazing job!

Andrea Livingston said...

A 5K is a GREAT distance! I sure felt that way when I did mine. Where is the one on Halloween? That's fun you can dress up!

Nikki said...

I want to do the race in October with you. I need the kick in the pants to get going again!

Shellie said...

Way to go Jen! I didn't know you did this....very impressive!

Ammon and Erin said...

Way to go Jen! I love the 5K--it is the perfect distance. Both you and Britton look wonderful:)
Erin

SmileyVal said...

Go you! It doesn't matter what your time was. It's just amazing you can run after having a little baby. :)