Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The first day of my 3rd Trimester





















Here's the picture I already posted (23 weeks) along with one I took today (27 weeks). Today is the official beginning of my 3rd trimester. I'm feeling great! No nausea, no gagging- I'm so glad that's past. The last month or two, I've found it hard to bend over and tie my shoes. I have to sit on the floor like a little kid. I've noticed several Braxton-Hicks in the last few weeks. My stomach muscles feel weak, so I'm glad my uterus is practicing for the upcoming event. I've felt the baby roll more than usual in the last week. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm on a ride - like Tower of Terror. I don't like that stomach feeling, but it's always fun to know he's there. Sometimes I wonder what he's up to. Some days, he seems to be practicing Disco, with his arms and feet jabbing me. Other days, he's so sneaky and quiet - probably resting from all the previous days' action. The other day, my piano student came in the door and exclaimed, pointing to my belly, "You have a baby!" I guess I'm big enough for people to KNOW I'm pregnant. Kind of a relief because a few weeks ago when wearing a fitted shirt, I felt more pudgy than pregnant. I've been reading baby books and finally got signed up for prenatal classes, starting March 5th. Oh, he's hitting me right now :) I guess he wants to say "Hi" to everyone. In general, a baby that's 27 weeks along is 2 pounds and around 14 inches long. This week, alone, he's expected to grow 1/2 an inch! That's about it for now. I'll probably post another picture update in 4 weeks.

6 comments:

Marla said...

Looking super cute! say Hello to him for us! =)

Bob said...

Love the pics next to each other--it's amazing what 4 weeks can do! "Baby got back" (and I don't mean the one in your tummy:-)

Love ya,
Melissa

[BrookeO] said...

you are T.I.N.Y.!!!!!

Bob said...

I realized my comment may come across the wrong way....it's just amazing how the curvature of the spine goes to make up for the growing belly.
You look awesome!
Melissa

Lindsay said...

Hi there!
Okay you're probably thinking "I don't know this person at all."
But we apparently know "people" together.
1) My hubby went to med school in New Orleans. We graduated in 2003, and we were in the singles ward bishopric the whole time. So we didn't get to meet too many married couples.
2) My husband did his residency in anethesia in Iowa City.
3) We know your family. Keri Trost. They were good babysitters for us many times. LOVE THEM!
So it's funny. We have a lot of the same friends.
And if I remember what Keri told me, ya'll are there for law school. But I don't remember everything 100%.
Anyways- I just wanted to say HI!
Lindsay Frohm
www.frohmfamily.blogspot.com

SmileyVal said...

I can't believe how small you look!